Sunday, May 13, 2012

An Early Mother's Day Present...to myself!

I LOVE spring! I just love everything about it: we all can shed our layers of winter woolens, mother nature weaves her magic wand and the world begins to rejevenate, people (for the most part) and simply happier & more patient with one another AND....there is an abundance of tag sales to scout out. I had a small window of "me time" on Saturday morning, so I quickly ran over to a fund raiser rummage sale to benefit our local dog park. I picked up quite a few doo-dads and what-nots, but this may very well be the find of my lifetime (running a close second to the full-length, mahogany mink coat, in perfect condition that I snagged at Salvation Army several years ago for $19.99). All of the clothes, at this tag sale, were $1...keep it simple, no muss no fuss. I came across, what I thought was a men's tuxedo, as I was going through the racks of clothes. Lo and behold: it was a woman's tux...in my size, made by Christian Dior!

 As an added bonus, the woman who had donated it was standing nearby and she informed me it had already been dry cleaned, so it was ready for the red carpet. Naturally, I tried it on as soon as I got home and...sing choir of angels...it fits like it was custom tailored for my body. I'm definitely holding onto this beauty, but I did a little research on Dior tuxedos. As far as I can tell, they retail for between $2,000-$3,000! Oh, happy day...and happy Mother's Day to me!


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! And you look splendid! Come and say hi!:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete