Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Baskets Galore!
























During my last visit to my friend Melody's shop, "Once Possessed", I picked up a few vintage baskets in need of some T.L.C. I snatched those up, along with some gorgeous fabric remnants & lace doilies/ runners/ napkins...for a STEAL. Thanks so much, Mel! Both of my kids had friends over this weekend, so I was able to let my creative juices flow...in between laundry, refereeing small disputes & updating my resume. I was pretty pleased with the finished products, so I thought I'd share.


As I was perusing Lisa's blog, A Thing For Roses, I had an idea which I'm not quite sure how to execute. For those of you who are die-hard crafters/ artists, is there a forum for trading excess supplies? Lisa had mentioned, in her blog, that a friend gave her some broken, vintage jewelry that she needed for some projects. It dawned on me that I have an over-abundance of certain goodies (like vintage jewelry) and am sorely lacking other supplies (ribbon, trims, etc.). I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one who has an unbalanced stock of crafting necessities. Food for thought :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberly,

    Your baskets are adorable. Thanks for stopping by. I think your idea of being able to trade excess goods is a fabulous one. I know a lot of people sell their excess supplies on etsy, but I don't know of a forum for trading. In the past I have done swaps with people for craft supplies. It was really fun. Just an idea. Hope you are having a great week.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Kimberly! I missed this one!
    Lisa had a great idea! It is going to be much fun!
    As for the baskets, they are so cute- I particularly love 'beachy' things, so guess which my fav is?!
    Monica x.

    ReplyDelete