Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hat & Shoes





I'm already laughing at my own lack of originality with the title of this posting. Lately I've been really into "Victorianizing" (is that possibly a bona fide term for something????) hats & accessories. One of my older posts shows my embellished baseball caps, but I branched out, a few months ago, with wide brim hats. The owner of the boutique at which I used to work, a classically beautiful British woman (think Audrey Hepburn with a little more "sass"), always wore the most fabulous hats...always! They were her signature and customers would scarcely recognize her on the rare occasion she went bareheaded. Ladies who wear hats...and wear them well...are a dying breed, unfortunately. Even the most simple outfit is instantly transformed when topped off with a chic chapeau! Here are a few that I made. I found all three in the clearance section of Burlington Coat Factory (for under $10 each) and added ribbons, lace, millinery flowers & feathers. Such fun & they look great perched atop my windows when not in use. The ballet flats were a project I also did several months ago, when I needed to doll-up for a (rare) grown-up event. Since I topple over in heels, these were done more out of necessity than anything else, but I was pleased with the result. I've since worn them with jeans & a simple black top for a touch of bling!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kimberly! These are GORGEOUS!! You did such a wonderful job! I love wearing hats (all year round!), I have many in my own wardrobe- and the shoes... sooo cute!
    Thanks also for your lovely comments and email- they were much appreciated!
    Monica x.

    ReplyDelete