Sunday, February 8, 2009

Baby Shower Gift





In my earlier post, I mentioned that I am throwing a baby shower next weekend. The shower is for the daughter of one of my closest girlfriends. The mommy-to-be is like a daughter to me & used to babysit my children, so I wanted to come up with something special as a shower gift...without breaking the bank. My kids love looking at the scrapbooks I've made for/ of them, over the years, while the thousands of photographs I have in boxes are ignored. There's just something special about leafing through a whole book that's been lovingly made for you. I happened to have a pretty Flavia scrapbook on hand, so I decorated the enclosed pages, adding some for particular holidays/ seasons. All that needs to be added are the pictures of the new baby. I hope this is something Mommy will love (and not something she's likely to do herself) and will, hopefully, bring many years of joy to both she and her baby boy! These are pictures of a few of the pages:-)

1 comment:

  1. This truly is a clever idea, Kimberly!
    I love the way you decorated each page, what a lucky friend you have! I'm sure she will be thrilled with this gift!
    Monica x.

    ReplyDelete