Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day



I feel a little guilty that this post isn't going to focus on the joys of motherhood...or be chock full of amusing anecdotes...or sage advice from a Mom whose been round the block a few times. Sorry folks...perhaps at the end of the day. I woke up early this morning, per usual, and saw telltale signs of a sunshiny day. After, what feels like, months of off and on rain, this was truly a sight for sore eyes. I grabbed my camera and (literally) ran outside to see what I could photograph. In spite of the rain, my garden hasn't produced any new subject matter, so I trotted down the driveway...in my jammies...to take a look at the azaleas. They are in full bloom...perfect! As I was snapping pictures of my smiling bushes, I noticed that my lilacs are starting to come out. I love lilacs, which is a bit odd because purple/ lavender is not at the top of my favorite color(s) list. The fragrance of lilacs is quite another matter. That is at the top of my list of favorite scents!
After taking, what I deemed to be, a sufficient number of pictures (and realizing how silly I looked running around my driveway in Winnie-the-Pooh pj's), I found my clippers to make a Mother's Day bouquet to share with all of you. "What?", those of you who are familiar with my cut flowers issue, may be asking. There is a caveat to that: cut flowers, from trees or bushes, are just fine.
Happy Mother's Day to all of you...moms who have birthed children, moms who have adopted children, "moms" who have no children of their own...but have, nonetheless touched the life of a young person in some way!

4 comments:

  1. very pretty flowers! but where's the picture of you in your pooh jammies???
    thanks for your nice comment - wish you could be here to see me cry when i read it! :-) - i do have a tough time with this day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. robbie and ben gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure - gonna get my toes beach ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winnie the Pooh pj's? Lucky Pooh....

    JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are having a wonderful Mother's Day!

    I am stuck inside nursing a headcold/flu so seeing these pictures of the flowers was wonderful!

    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete