Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Little R&R













To say that the last few weeks (months) have been hectic/ chaotic/ stressful is an understatement. Last Wednesday, my baby girl and I set out in search of some tranquility. There is one place, on earth, where I am 100% assured of recapturing serenity: the beach, in Old Lyme, CT, where I spent summers from my conception through my early adult years. I threw several bags in the CRV, grabbed the puppy and her crate and off we went, to spend a few days at Edge Lea. My aunt was gracious enough to welcome us, into her home, for this impromptu visit. Caroline and I spent two days relaxing and recharging our batteries. I took tons of pictures, so there will be more posts to follow, but wanted to share some of my favorites from the beach. Sidenote: I still haven't figured out how to stagger photographs & text (Dagnabit), so the pictures will have to speak for themselves.

2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to see you back in Blogland!!

    I am on vaca right now and having a blast but wanted to pop by very quickly!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! THE SHORE!!!! how great you went! i'm jealous! (and i've got the staggering pictures thing down - you can cut and past the photos - try it!)

    ReplyDelete