Monday, October 5, 2009

Yellow & Blue




I may have made mention of the fact that yellow, blue & white is my favorite color combination. The irony is: I don't ever recall doing a room...or any part of my home...using those colors. I was at Salvation Army, last Wednesday, for Family Day (50% off everything in the store) and hit my color combo heaven when I got to the linens section. Clearly, someone shared my love of these three colors and had donated a ton (no exaggeration) of goodies. Now, the "linens section" of Sally's is a bit of a misnomer. Fact is; the "section" consists of 4 industrial size rolling bins, into which all of the linens are dumped. You literally have to climb into the 8 ft. bins, hold your breath and dive for hidden treasures. Some ladies actually choose to take their shoes off first. Me? I keep 'em on for fear of getting impaled by a rabid curtain hook. Shoes also help with kicking through the mountain of tablecloths, sheets & window treatments.


Last Wednesday I was in luck when I spotted a layer of yellow and blue, floating on the sea of linens. No dumpster diving required! Woohoo!I managed to find, with minimal effort: a blue & white Waverly sofa cover, a plaid Laura Ashley bed skirt, a pale yellow hand knit throw and....my only disappointment...ONE thermal lined, Laura Ashley curtain. I found the matching tie-back, but not the other curtain. The pattern is so pretty and high-quality, though, that I figured I could eventually transform it into something fabulous. Now I have the beginnings of my yellow, blue & white dream room. I think I'll hold out until the spring to begin the transformation of my cozy living room. The best part...bed skirt: $.99, curtain: $1.99, knit throw: $.99 and sofa cover: $2.99. Divide that in half (because it's Family Day at Sally's) and my grand total was... $3.48!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, I love the yellow and blue combo too!! I have never used it to decorate either, but it sure is beautiful!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  2. great finds! i love blue and yellow - swedish colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a surprise!! I had NO IDEA blue and yellow was your favorite combo!!! ;)))
    Hugs,
    Monicax.

    ReplyDelete