Saturday, November 21, 2009

Busy Bee


Thank you to my sweet friend, Monica, who gently reminded me that I have neglected to put "blogging" on my daily to-do list since I started my new job. I am slowly acclimating to balancing work and my responsibilities as a single mom. I am enjoying my job at Sephora, although there is a LOT to learn. It's certainly a far cry from working at The Fashion Exchange (a small clothing boutique)...welcome to corporate America! The job is very fast-paced, the atmosphere is always high-energy and both aspects suit me quite well. With the approach of "Black Friday" and Christmas, the "cast" has been primed to step up our game. Oh Boy....the next few weeks will either leave me in a catatonic state or have me ready to run a 5K! Fortunately, this job makes Christmas shopping easy...at least for the girls/ women in my life. I'm not sure how thrilled my 14 year old son will be about finding his stocking stuffed with exfoliating serums and lip plumping gels.

I am "off" all weekend, so it is time for me to catch up on the household duties that have been ignored during the week. Perhaps I will find a quiet moment, later today, to write about some of the Christmas goodies I have been working on.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that the job is going good for you. I was wondering if you were too tired to blog, it is hard to keep up with work and kids and all!!!! Take care and don't overdo it.
    Christmas is coming fast isn't it....... yikes!
    Happy weekend,
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly! you have such a talent for making me LAUGH! I really needed this, so thank you! ;)) Glad to know you're ready for the marathon, as for me I'm to-ing and fro-ing (in a slooooow-paced way!) from my bed to the studio and vice-versa!
    Oooohhh! Can't wait to see the Christmas goodies you're preparing!!!
    Monicaxoxo

    ReplyDelete