Saturday, April 17, 2010

Anthropologie Inspired T-Shirt



Who doesn't just drool over the clothing and accessories from Anthropologie? The price tags don't exactly fit into this single-mom's budget. With a little ingenuity and the right materials on hand, I did (in my humble opinion) a fair job of replicating one of their fun t-shirts. I took a plain black tee and added some ruffle down one side. Cute enough, thought I, but why not go a little further? I popped a few silver buttons on the ruffle and VOILA! Drab to fab in less than 15 minutes. Oh, for the ruffle I just cut strips (2" wide) off of one of my daughter's outgrown t-shirts, sewed them together to make one long strip (approx. 4' long). I handstitched down the center of the fabric, then gathered it up into soft ruffles. Easy shmeasy!

2 comments:

  1. Your Anthropologie-inspired T-shirt is fabulous! Will email you in the next few days! Sorry for the delay!
    Hugs,
    Monicaxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kimberly....I have missed out on a lot on your Blog! I have been swamped with getting out shipments and had pneumonia for a month and now have relapsed! Blehhhhhhhh!

    I love the t-shirt! I also spy something with it that looks fab! What a great ensemble!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete