Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Coming Along...





It was another beautiful, if not terribly warm, early spring day in Connecticut. My son was home with a touch of the stomach bug (which I narrowly escaped...I HOPE), so I was able to get some yard work done. I also spruced up my new patio a bit. I'm so eager to get flowers planted, but they're calling for frost on Thursday, so my patience will have to stretch a bit further. I made two bench pillows, using body pillows that we no longer use. They're not quite big enough, so I'll have to pick up a third. I had a huge amount of the brown fabric, from my friend Melody's shop. When I got it, I had no idea what I would use it for, as it doesn't match anything in my home...outside is an entirely different story. It goes perfectly with the stain on the patio and the planters I picked up at the dollar store. There is, apparently, a method to my madness...even when I'm not aware of it! Now, if I can just get some flowers planted. What was it I mentioned about patience??? Almost forgot: I was given buckets of those cool wrought iron pieces, on the back of the bench. They were left over from a job a contractor friend was working on. He figured I could put them to good use, so he saved them from dumpster doom. Initially, I was going to try to remove the rust, but decided I rather like the aged look. I stuck them on with a little Gorilla Glue...I love the unique touch they give the bench!

3 comments:

  1. Happy St. Patricks Day!
    blessings, kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looking good!! I know the feeling about wanting to plant flowers..Even down here in the Atlanta area, you never know about the late 'cold snaps'.
    Great idea with the brown fabric too, I have several bolts of fabric in one of the closets, so I guess you never know when they will come in handy!

    Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those blue pots!!!
    Monicaxx.

    ReplyDelete