Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Flowers, Flowers Everywhere




Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE spring??? Aside from the reasons I've already mentioned, in previous posts, I, personally, am just more acutely aware of things. Today, as I was kicking some pesky weeds out of my front garden, I happened to glance at the of the inside of my white tulips. I don't know if my pictures captured it, but the insides were so cool! My senses all seem to be in overdrive and I pay closer attention to details like that. I suppose it falls into the "take time to smell the flowers" suggestion, which I heed willingly. Every morning, as I walk my daughter to the bus, we take a few minutes to study our gardens: in search of new signs of life. We do the same thing in the afternoon and are rarely without a new discovery, during these warmer months. I was never what one would consider a nature girl, so this Pop-a-bonnet-on-my-head and let me tiptoe-through-the-tulips feeling is very new & exciting to me :-) Okay, I know my sister is reading this...you can stop laughing now!

No comments:

Post a Comment