Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oh Double Happy Day!!!






Just when I thought my day couldn't get any happier...
I have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of my package from Monica (from the swap we did). The transit time between Connecticut and Italy does not suit my impatient nature, but I have been held over by daily emails, from Monica, sharing the projects she has been working on with some of the vintage baubles I sent to her. It snowed (AGAIN) today, which meant that my mail carrier was running late. I kept looking out the window, for telltale signs of the mail truck's tracks in my driveway. Finally, shortly after 5:00 p.m., I saw that the mail had been delivered and there appeared to be a sizable parcel, somehow, attached to the front of my mailbox. I grabbed my coat, skated down my icy driveway and lo & behold, there was a package affixed to the box with a bundle of rubber bands. Suddenly, my impatience quieted down a bit and I wanted to savor every part of the unveiling....thus the pictures, beginning with one of the snow covered parcel. I emailed Monica immediately, to let her know her goodies had arrived. Of course, the 8 hour time difference means that she won't know that until tomorrow.
Inside of the box was a lovely Pannetone tin that, once opened, overflowed with the most wonderful treasures from my sweet Italian friend! There was a rainbow of assorted ribbons, in so many different colors & materials, which I had mentioned I was sorely lacking in my crafting supplies. Monica added bunches & bunches of beautiful silk flowers...of which I had none. In fact, I was wishing I had some pretty flowers to add to the tutus I was working on yesterday. I will surely be using them on the next tutu I make.
I will save the sharing for another post, as I need to get my daughter settled for the evening. Suffice it to say, I am thrilled beyond words at Monica's thoughtfulness and generosity. It is positively uncanny that everything she chose suits me to perfection. You are absolutely remarkable, Monica, and such an amazing blessing in my life!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you liked all! And hope the other things arrive SOON!
    Can't wait to see your tutus!!!!!!
    Monica xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you got your package from Monica! And also that you didn't fall on your icy driveway going to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! Getting sweet packages in the mail is so much fun! Thanks for stopping by ~ we'd love to have you join us!

    xo Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kimberly,

    The ribbons and flowers are so beautiful, so many things you can do with them. What a fun swap and a great friend. It is always exciting waiting for a special package.
    I wanted to thank you for buying my "Garden Party " block. I think you will really enjoy her. It makes me feel happy every time I look at it.
    I will ship her out tomorrow. I want to package her up really well because the butterflies are delicate for shipping. Have a great day !
    ~Sue~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn`t Monica such a SWEET HEART!
    And so are YOU!
    For giving her, the lovely jewellery!
    Love,
    Debbie Moss

    (England)

    ReplyDelete