Sunday, February 15, 2009

Shower Flowers



The baby shower is, at last, a fait accompli! I'm exhausted after all of the prep work, hostessing, and clean-up. The outcome, however, made it all worth it.
~The mommy-to-be was elated.
~The Grandma-to-be was thrilled.
~Most of the guests showed up.
~The gifts were abundant.
~The weather was beautiful.
~The food was yummy...and I won't have to cook for a week...or until my kids start complaining about eating left-overs.
I didn't have time to take pictures during the shower, but I did snap a few shots of the remaining flower arrangements. There were originally six, but the others were given as prizes for the games we played. Normally, and I have written about this before, cut flowers make me a little sad. For some reason, though, these seem to brighten the whole house and are lifting my tired, but content spirits!
Time to curl up, in front of the fire, with my book.

1 comment:

  1. WOW Kimberly! These flowers are wonderful! I know, things like that are tiring, but what's more rewarding than those bright smiles??
    Hugs, and enjoy your well deserved rest.
    Monica x.

    ReplyDelete