Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Most Wonderful Surprise





The easiest way for me to write this post is to copy the email I sent to my sister yesterday. The rest is self-explanatory!
"I'm going to wait a day or two before I blog about this....just so it doesn't seem like I'm running a Monica Fan Club. Mind you, I haven't shared 1/4 of the things she sent me from our swap. There were 2 packages jammed with Italian goodies (magazines, pages from antique books, vintage stamps, etc.). Yesterday there was a slip from the post office in my mailbox, letting me know I had to pick up a piece of registered mail. Of course I'm thinking: Now WHAT? I didn't even notice that it said 'Italy' in a tiny box on the slip. Backtrack a minute....when Monica got the package I sent her, she emailed me right away, but said she needed to brew a pot of tea before she opened it (I think I blogged about that). I had written her back, saying I'd wished I was there to join her in a cup of tea while she opened her goodies. Okay....back to today :-) The lady at the post office hands me this big box and I immediately recognized Monica's handwriting. There was a card inside that said: 'You said you would have liked to have tea with me...now you can! Love and Hugs~ Monica'. I'm attaching some pictures of what she sent me...handpainted by her. I just can't believe how sweet she is! And I SO needed a good surprise today!

No comments:

Post a Comment