Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thrify, Thrifty, Thrifty





There's so much to post about today, so I'll work my way backward...story of my life :-) I went to drop some things off at the thrift store up the street and was thrilled to find that they were having their huge, spring cleaning sale. When I say "huge", I mean HUGE!!!!! Whatever you can fit in a paper grocery bag is $5. The ladies who work there love me because I'm always bringing in bags of goodies and I'm fairly certain they get first dibs on the good stuff. They were very generous when they were packing my finds into the bags. The pictures show about a third of my "haul" (just in case anyone is wondering what I left out: a pair of brand new window treatments from Pottery Barn, a duvet cover for my bed, 3 framed pictures, a men's cashmere overcoat from Neiman Marcus, a spring jacket from Abercrombie & Fitch for my son and a slip-cover for my living room chair) and the grand total was $15! YAHOO! I absolutely LOVE the 3 copper molds I snagged. They've been in the shop all season, but I couldn't make myself pay $5 a piece and I never could narrow it down to just one. Today, I didn't have to :-) Once the wire baskets get a coat of spray paint, they'll be perfect for holding fresh fruits in my kitchen. I have no idea what I'm going to do with the funky chicken and the dalmations, but they were too cute to pass by.

No comments:

Post a Comment